Dalia is a popular breakfast cereal in India made with whole wheat grits or broken wheat. It is a complex carbohydrate that releases energy at a show and sustained rate. This type of food is ideal for people who wish to lose weight and also people who are diabetic. It is also a highly fiber rich food that helps maintain a clean healthy digestive system.
This simple masala dalia is easy to cook and filled with wholesome goodness.
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
1 bowl of dalia (broken wheat)soaked
- ½ bowl of carrot finely chopped
- 1 medium sized potato finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- ½ bowl of green peas
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 1-2 Green chilies chopped
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- ½ tsp of red chili powder
- ½ tsp of mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 ½ bowl of water
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 8- 10 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Chop ginger finely. Cut green chilies and onion into large pieces.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add 1 mustard seeds and sauté till light brown.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilies and onion and sauté till lightly colored.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook till done
- Drain and add dalia to the pan and mix.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder salt and mix well. Add green peas and 3 cups water and mix. Cover and cook on the low heat till done.
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Mix well, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
At Jyoti Foods, you’ll find several choices for healthy, ready to eat breakfast options. Wear your green creativity hat and mix and match for recipes galore.